Discovering Duomo and the city Tour will make you discover the jewel of the city, the famous “Duomo”. Florence is one of the unique and fascinating cities of the world. Despite 2000 years of tumultuous history and clashes between the richest and most powerful families, Florence became known as the cradle of the Renaissance.
To better understand the history surrounding the city, we will begin the tour by visiting the Palazzo dei Medici-Riccardi, the residence of the Medici family, whose political participation and economic investments in art and philosophy have helped make the city as we know it today. Next, we will visit the Basilica of San Lorenzo, which became a mausoleum for the Medici family, which restored the church in the Renaissance style and contributed to the creation of many monuments. Then we will visit Piazza San Giovanni where we will see the Baptistery of San Giovanni and a centenary column. Next, we will continue towards the Piazza del Duomo, where we will admire both the interior and the exterior of one of the largest churches in the world: the Cathedral of Santa María del Fiore.
We will continue the tour on foot with a visit to Piazza della Repubblica and Piazza del Mercato Nuovo which houses an important symbol of Florence: the boar (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontana_del_Porcellino). After visiting the wild boar, we will visit the Piazza Della Signoria, where we will see: the Palazzo Vecchio (former courthouse), copies of sculptures such as the famous David by Michelangelo, and the Loggia dei Lanzi (outdoor sculpture museum). From the street, we will follow the Vasari Corridor, a secret passage that leads from the Uffizi Gallery to Palazzo Pitti (the last residence of the Medici family in the city). Following the Vasari Corridor, we will reach our last destination: Ponte Vecchio, famous for the precious jewelry sellers.
Florence Cathedral – Guided Tour includes:
• Guided tour of the Duomo.
• Guided walking tour of Florence.
• Tickets for the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and the entire complex (valid for 72 hours from the first entry).
Availability and languages:
• English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian. Other languages available upon request.
• The tour will not be held if they do not reach the minimum number of participants (2).
• Frequency: every day.
PRICE: € 68.00 (ADULT); € 25.00 (8-12 years), free for children.
Meeting point: Via Cavour 21 red, Florence.
Departure time: 1:00 pm (please arrive 15 minutes before).
Duration approx. of the tour: 2 hours.
- Clients must wear appropriate clothing to enter the church and comfortable shoes.
- The price includes the entrance to the Cathedral of Florence and a guided tour inside of the Cathedral. (all other locations are visited exclusively from outside).
- The cathedral is closed during important holidays.
- To jump the queue to go up to the dome, the reservation has to be made two days in advance.
* If you want to discover even more about the Medici family, check this link