The Medici Family Tour will tell you the story of the most important and powerful family in the city of Florence. The Medici are known to have promoted the artistic, cultural, spiritual and scientific life of their time. Its collections of art, precious objects, books and manuscripts, curiosities and curiosities have remained practically intact to this day and are at the base of the legacy of many of Florence’s most important cultural institutions.
Banking, commerce, and religious influence led the Medici family to become one of the most powerful families in Florence. Their story began when they emigrated to Florence from a small town in Tuscany. Our professional guide will accompany you on a journey through years of history preserved with security in architecture, buildings, churches, and works of art sponsored by the Medici family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Medici).
During the tour, we will have the opportunity to observe the Palazzo Medici, Palazzo Vecchio, the most important civil building in the city; where we will also discuss the outdoor sculptures that are inside the Loggia della Signoria. We will also observe the Pitti Palace that housed the Medici family. Walking along the banks of the Arno you will uncover on the Ponte Vecchio, a bridge famous for its beautiful jewelries; At the top of the bridge, hidden, is the Vasari Corridor, which allowed the Medici family to go secretly and safely from their home in Palazzo Pitti to the government headquarters, Palazzo Vecchio.
The Medici Family Tour includes:
• Visit important sites in Florence in 2 hours.
• Discover the Medici family.
• Expert tourist guide.
Availability and languages:
• English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian. Other languages available upon request.
• The tour will not be held if they do not reach the minimum number of participants (2).
* Option 1 without sacristy: € 30.00 per person.
* Option 2 with sacristy: € 39.00 per person (Sunday and Monday not available)
Meeting point: Via Cavour 21 red, Florence.
Departure time: 10:00 am (option with sacristy) – 4:00 pm (option without sacristy). Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
Duration approx. of the tour: 2 hours.
* Clients should wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
* If you want to discover even more about the city and its history, check this link http://www.florencetoursbybike.com/florence-bike-tour/